In this article, I provide food blog post title examples for each of the ten food blog post types introduced in my Ultimate Food Niche Guide.
Let’s get right to it:
I. Recipe Titles
Recipes are at the heart of most (albeit by no means all) food blogs. You can take different angles with recipe titles to give them a unique touch. Popular recipe title types include:
1. Location-themed Recipe Titles
2. Season-themed Recipe Titles
3. Convenience-themed Recipe Titles
- Easy Vegan Burrito Bowls
- 5 Ingredient Cookies
- Speedy Tomato Pasta
- Instant Bircher Muesli
- Weeknight Seafood Paella
4. Preparation-themed Recipe Titles:
- Caramelized Pork Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- Grilled Sausage and Peppers with Garlic Aioli
- Baked Eggplant Sticks
5. Flavor-themed Recipe Titles:
- Yummy Salmon Burgers with Slaw
- Spicy Peanut Soup with Sweet Potato + Kale
- Zesty Lime Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
6. Texture-themed Recipe Titles:
- Very Crispy Corn Fritters
- Heavenly Creamy Cinnamon Rice Pudding
- Sticky Teriyaki Tofu | With Sweet And Sour Sauce
7. Occasion-themed Recipe Titles:
8. Bragging-style Recipe Titles:
- The Best Baba Ganoush
- Famous Byron Bay Chocolate Chip Cookies (crunchy 2 weeks!)
- Incredible BBQ Grilled Vegetables – marinated!
- Perfect Burger Recipe
9. Appliance-themed Recipe Titles:
- Air Fryer Fried Shrimp Sandwich with Tartar Sauce
- Instant Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
10. Diet-themed Recipe Titles:
- Vegetarian Black Bean Tacos
- Gluten-free Double Chocolate Chip Olive Oil Cookies
- Vegan Buttermilk Air-Fried Oysters
- Low Carb Fried Rice
II. How-To Information
“How-To” articles go beyond providing a recipe for a single dish and teach more generally applicable food related skills.
1. Informational Style:
- How To Blanch Vegetables
- How Can I Steam Dumplings Without a Bamboo Steamer?
- This Is Why Your Persian Cucumbers Get Slimy (and How to Prevent It)
2. Click-bait Style:
- We Tried 7 Methods for Storing Berries and the Winner Outlasted Them All
- 7 Mistakes to Avoid When Grilling Vegetables
III. Teaching Cool Tricks
These tricks can also be useful, but often have an entertaining angle.
IV. Meal Plans
Meal plans provide recipes for each meal over a certain time and often include shopping lists to save readers time and hassle.
Depending on your readers’ life situation, goals, and dietary requirements, they need different meal plans. This opens the opportunity for various kinds of meal plan articles:
1. Convenience Focused:
2. Purpose Focused:
- Simple 30-Day Weight-Loss Meal Plan: 1,200 Calories
- Best Indian Diet Plan for Weight Loss
- Try This Muscle-Building Diet Plan For Better Results From The Gym
- 7-Day Budget Meal Plan & Shopping List
3. Diet Focused:
4. Taste or Cuisine Focused:
- Weekly Meal Plan: Asian Adventures
- What to Cook This Week: Simple Italian Mains
- Easy Spicy One-Week Paleo Meal Plan
V. Kitchen Equipment Reviews
Reviews of kitchen equipment are not only helpful to your readers but can also generate affiliate income. Typical review articles in the food niche feature the best products of a specific category, compare two products, or review one product in-depth.
1. “Best-of” Product Reviews:
Best of [Something] for Under $[Sum]:
Best of [Something] for [Purpose / Product / Group of People]:
- The 10 Best Freezers for Garage in 2020: Upright & Chest Garage Freezers
- [Top 10] Best Mini Fridge for Beer
- 10 of the best fridge freezers for families
2. Comparing Product Reviews:
- Ninja Air Fryer vs Philips Air Fryer
- Frigidaire French Door Digital Panel Refrigerator vs Haier 4-Door Refrigerator
3. Product Reviews of One Product:
- Ninja AF100UK Air Fryer review: a more compact health fryer
- Cuisinart ICE-100 Review: Are 2 paddles better than 1?
VI. Kitchen Equipment How-Tos
Another way of centering blog posts around kitchen equipment is to teach your readers how to use it.
- 7 Mistakes You’re Probably Making With Your Air Fryer
- How to Clean a Pellet Grill
- How to Know if a Freezer Is Broken
- 7 Genius Tricks For Getting The Most Out Of Your KitchenAid Stand Mixer
VII. Recipe Reviews
Don’t want to come up with your own recipe? Then just test and review famous recipes by others.
- We Tested 4 Famous Zucchini Bread Recipes and Found a Clear Winner
- I Tried Reddit’s Popular “Potato Volcano” (Yes, It Involves Molten Cheese Lava)
- Why I Won’t Be Making Alton’s “Who Loves Ya Baby-Back?” Ribs Again
VIII. Ingredient Deep-Dives
You can also focus a blog post on one single ingredient and teach your readers all about it.
- Avocados: The Best Ways to Pick Them, Cook Them, and Eat Them
- Cooking Fats and Oils
- 6 Types of Onions and How to Use Them
IX. Dish Deep-Dives
When you search for dishes online, you will usually only find individual recipes. But what if you were to go beyond that? Wouldn’t it be cool have an ultimate guide to a famous dish, introducing different preparation variants, their history and cultural background, wine-pairings and dessert follow-ups?
Examples could be:
- The Ultimate Guide to Coq Au Vin
- All About Kung Pao Chicken (Gong Bao Ji Ding) – Variants, Flavors, History
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Black Pudding
Unfortunately, none of these blog posts have been written yet – maybe you could change that? As I explain in detail in my Ultimate Food Niche Guide, I believe that dish deep-dives are an underserved post category and could be a great SEO opportunity.
X. Occasion Focused Articles
Some bloggers like to include blog posts that focus on particular occasions in their content strategy. Examples:
- Bachelorette Party Food Ideas (2020 Guide)
- How to Pick Your Wedding Menu
- 12 Unconventional Christmas Meals That Are Better Than A Roast
Your Food Blog Content Strategy
I hope the above list has provided you with ideas for your next food blog posts. In my free Ultimate Food Niche Guide, I go into further detail on each of the different food blog post categories.
For example, I look at different possible components of recipe articles such as troubleshooting sections or “what to serve with” sections. I also analyze how to best drive traffic to different blog post types and provide monetization ideas.
In short: My free Ultimate Food Niche Guide provides you all the business intelligence you need for your food blog content, traffic, and monetization strategy. Head over there now.