Would you like to start a food blog but are not sure how many recipes you need before you can launch your blog? You have two options:
1. The Zero-Recipe Food Blog Start
The answer may surprise you: You do not need any recipes to start a food blog. You can publish millions of food-related articles and earn serious money without ever posting a single recipe.
If that sounds interesting to you, you will love my article on how to build a food blog without recipes.
2. The One-Recipe Food Blog Start
However, let’s assume you want to launch a recipe blog. In that case, you need precisely one recipe to start your food blog.
Why only one? Won’t readers be disappointed when they visit your food blog and find only one recipe? I mean, like this?
Well, here’s the harsh reality: Unless you promote your blog to your friends or on social media, your food blog won’t have any visitors for the first couple of months.
It takes time to rank on Google. Articles published on a new blog will typically take several months and up to a year before they will bring any Google traffic.
For you, that’s good news! 🙂
It means you’ll have plenty of time to publish further recipes after you have launched your food blog.
I suggest the following step-plan for starting a recipe food blog:
Step Plan for Starting a Recipe Food Blog
- Develop one recipe.
- Take lots of high-quality photos that show the preparation and the final dish.
- Write your recipe article in a Word document.
- Reflect if you enjoyed this process. Could you imagine doing this hundreds of times over the next five years? If the thought excites you, great, keep going!
- Develop a content strategy, a traffic strategy, and a monetization strategy with the help of my free Ultimate Food Niche Guide.
- Actually start your food blog (you will find everything you need in my free Ultimate Food Niche Guide).
- Publish more recipes – not randomly, but based on the strategy you have developed in step 5.